- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- How to contact us.
What data do we collect?
Liverpool VRVE collects the following data:
- Relevant personal identification information (such as name, email address, organisation and role, address or postcode) that you provide us with.
- Information regarding our interactions with you, for example emails and meeting notes.
Note that we do not collect cookies on our website.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We may collect data and process data when you:
- Contact us via email.
- Work with us or take part in our activities.
- Voluntarily sign up to our newsletters or fill in our surveys/questionnaires.
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Individuals or organisations who pass on your contact details for the purpose of contacting you, for discussions or collaborations.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Contact you via email regarding a discussion or collaboration.
- Send you a newsletter that you have signed up for.
- Report on our activities, such as for funding bodies or our annual report. All data in this case is anonymised.
Whenever we access your data, we do so for the purpose of running our organisation. We will not share your data with any third parties except those which will process your data for our business purposes, e.g. for sending you an email or newsletter, or processing a donation you would like to make.
Certain types of personal data that we may collect, such as age, gender, racial or ethnic origin, will always be anonymised if used for external reporting. This data, if collected, is only used to indicate the demographics of the people that we interact with, for example during our public events, and we use this to ensure that we are working with people from all backgrounds.
How do we store your data?
We use appropriate safeguards to keep your personal information as secure as possible. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same.
What are your data protection rights?
Liverpool VRVE would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Liverpool VRVE for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Liverpool VRVE to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected].
How to contact us
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).